Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Recap

What did I do this weekend?

Saturday I woke up and changed a struggling, fighting, screaming two year olds diaper and said, "I'm done! We are SO potty training you this week!" See, I don't have anything going on this week besides the grocery shopping I did this morning so it is perfect! He fights me every time I change him, but Daddy changes him and all is good. Ugh. Sometimes I wish HE was the stay at home parent and I could be the one to come home to a suddenly happy, loving toddler.

Then we went out to lunch with a bunch of family to celebrate the onslaught of birthdays we have in September. We went to Sizzlers, I had the Malibu Chicken and LW ate most of my fries. :( Then I stole some from the fry platters in the center of the table and all was good. Ha!

On our way to lunch

Saturday night, the hubs and I set up a toddler bed. Dun, dun, dun..... LW LOVES it! Until he realizes we are serious about him sleeping in it. Saturday night he crawled right in and we thought, "Wow, well... if he wants too okay." We weren't going to have him sleep in it Saturday. Well.... he didn't. The second he realized we were actually going to put him to bed in the toddler bed he jumped out of the bed. So into the crib he went.

We will be putting him in there soon though and it's going to be... fun... The room isn't quite ready yet, so the bed is just sitting there all together with all new Cars bedding and he can get in and out of it as he wishes. This new bedroom is bigger and we did not want to move the crib. I've heard a lot of people say to put the toddler bed right where their crib is... that's not going to work for us. Baby is coming in a couple months and we want him in HIS room before then. A.S.A.P! I also don't want him associating "losing" his current room with the new baby, we don't want any more resentment then what a first child already goes through when the second one comes along.

Sunday was a big day of relaxation, lots of cuddling, and family time. :) And it was much needed.

It feels good to be back to blogging. I know this is only the second post I've done this month, but it does feel good. I had forgotten how much I loved it. :)

Until Next Time!
Spicy

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had time to get back into it, too (blogging). LW is the cutest thing in the world! Glad he loves his new bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still hard for me to find time, but I'm trying to make it work. It's something I love doing. :) I miss you posting with me.

      Delete