Thursday, September 12, 2013

Where Did September Come From? Is Fall Here Yet?

Oh Wow! I can not believe it is September already! What?! Where did the time fly? Then at the same time... CAN FALL GET HERE ALREADY!?

Who else has fall fever?

I can't wait for...
Long Sleeves
Boots
Fuzzy pajamas
Sweaters
Blankets
Boots
Hot Chocolate
Sweaters
Pumpkin EVERYTHING
Boots
Sweaters
Pumpkin....

Did I mention Boots, Sweaters, and Pumpkin!? OH! I love fall/winter! Just get here already!

Well, I couldn't help it and I dove right into fall with THIS recipe from At The Picket Fence.

picture courtesy of atthepicketfence.com

I feel like I'm terrible at food pictures so I'm using her's. It just looks so good! :D

 Now, as per Spunky and my religious beliefs and personal choices, neither of us drink coffee. Which posed a BIG problem when I was craving this delicious hot pumpkin flavored with coziness and love drink. Until I asked one of my other sisters... let's call her... Sassy, who worked at a coffee shop, for some help. Thanks to Sassy's advice I was able to make this without coffee and substitute a few other things to really make this drink my own. 

Pumpkin Pie Latte (coffee free)

Ingredients:
2 cups White Hot Chocolate
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1/4 - 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree, per taste (I really like pumpkin so I added a little more then half cup, didn't keep track, sorry)
1 1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
Whipped Cream

Directions:
In a small saucepan, combine half and half, vanilla almond milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and bring to a low simmer while whisking. Be careful not to scorch.

Divide White Hot Chocolate between four mugs (or don't and keep it all for yourself ;) ). Slowly add pumpkin mixture. Top with whipping cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. Drink up! 

I also added a crumbling of graham crackers on top of the whipped cream. Delicious!

I guess I'm not waiting for fall to come to me. I already caught it and I'm not letting go!

Until Next Time!
Spicy

No comments:

Post a Comment