Friday, August 17, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Banana Ice Cream Pie

I must tell you...

When I was looking for a dessert to review for today, I was not expecting to create my own!



This is really exciting for me! I've never made my own dessert! I have a few main courses that I've created since being married to the Hubs, but never a dessert! AWE-SOME! My cooking ability is growing!

Although, that wasn't hard to do at first because it started from nothing. Haha. ;)

While looking through a billion different desserts, I found I was looking at a lot of pies, but none of them were making my mouth water just by looking at them. My taste buds have changed so much; I don't crave food just at the look of it anymore, unless it's something really amazing. :D

I started looking at other desserts, trying to find SOMETHING that would spark my interest... nothing. Then I realized I was looking at a LOT of Peanut Butter stuff. I may have mentioned a few weeks ago that I love oatmeal. Well... there is something I love more then oatmeal. A million times more then oatmeal.

This something I would carry around in my purse, along with a spoon, just so I could snack on it all day long!

That is very rare for me...

This something... is peanut butter.

My major and total weakness. I love it. Everything little tiny thing about it.

So then I got to thinking... pie? peanut butter? banana soft serve? hmmm.... Oreo crust? And I came up with... this heavenly little number...

This is also my first tutorial, so go easy on the photos and the commentary and the directions. :) I'm learning.

Blend Oreos until dusty texture

Mix together with melted butter and press Oreo Butter Mixture into pie pan. Chill in freezer

Meanwhile; blend frozen bananas, peanut butter, almond milk, cocoa powder, pudding mix, and cottage cheese together until smooth.

I know the cottage cheese sounds weird, but it helps make it fluffy and you won't even notice! :D It blends out really smoothly. :)

 Fold in chips and... 

whipped topping!

Pour Pie Filling onto chilled Oreo Crust and chill in freezer for at least one hour.

While that's happening take a minute and enjoy the leftover pie filling! The Hubs sure loved it!

Or take an Oreo and dunk it! :D YUM! Or save it as "soft serve" and eat later.

Pour remaining whipped topping over pie filling...

 Chill in freezer for at least one hour...

First slice in attempt to make a pretty picture with it... I wanna eat it... even if it isn't as pretty as I wished it to be...

Add toppings before serving...

Including the chocolate syrup... oh man...

And  the melted peanut butter... it's speaking to my soul... Serve and enjoy!

The hubs said it tasted more like a Banana Split, with real ice cream, and gave it 5 Stars!!! WOOT!!! There were some bites where it really tasted like a banana split and then other bites where it tasted like a Peanut Butter Cup. All in all... it was... DELICIOUS!

Please, Please, PLEASE Enjoy!!!

Peanut Butter Cup Banana Ice Cream Pie

Crust:
26 (Approximately) Low Fat Oreos
5 Tbs. Melted Butter

Pie Filling:
1/2 C. Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
3 Bananas (pre peeled, sliced, and frozen)
1/4 C. Peanut Butter
3 Tbs. Cocoa Powder
2 1/2 Tbs. Chocolate Pudding Mix (Sugar Free)
1 cup Cottage Cheese
Mini Chocolate Chips
Peanut Butter Chips
Mini Reases Pieces
Whipped Topping (Light)

Toppings:
Whipped Topping (Light)
Mini Chocolate Chips
Peanut Butter chips
Mini Reases Pieces
Chocolate Drizzle
Melted Peanut Butter Drizzle


1.) Blend Oreos until dusty texture and mix together with melted butter.
2.) Press Oreo Butter Mixture into pie pan and chill in freezer.
3.) Meanwhile; blend frozen bananas, peanut butter, almond milk, cocoa powder, pudding mix, and cottage cheese together until smooth. Fold in chips and whipped topping.
4.) Pour Pie Filling onto chilled Oreo Crust and chill in freezer for at least one hour.
5.) Pour remaining whipped topping over pie filling and chill in freezer for at least one hour. Add toppings before serving, then enjoy!

Until Next Time!
Spicy

6 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! I love peanut butter and chocolate mixed together...that's what I put in my oatmeal. :) I'll for sure have to make this some time! (Oh, and is there a button somewhere for pinterest?? I don't know if it exists in blogger but if it does you should add it!)
    And great job with the picture tutorial!! I love it! And it makes me want it all the more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a Follow Me On Pinterest button on the top right of the blog, but I'm still working on trying to find out how to put one on the posts... I'll try to get that going in the next few days. :) I'm glad you liked the picture tutorial!

      Delete
  2. Oh my Gosh!!!! I am drooling! I can't wait to try this, it looks incredible! Holy moly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm glad I took good enough pictures to make you drool! lol, that sounds silly.

      Delete
  3. WOW!!! This looks incredible! Fantastic job! Nice pics that make you drool! YUM!! Maybe we can try it after the 1/2 marathon? Something to look forward to after a long race = WHATEVER FOOD YOU WANT!!! LOL!! I enjoy the moment for sure! I earned it! So - make it, please!!! :)

    Sean blended frozen bananas up till soft serve and poured blackberry juice over it last night. (Blackberries from his yard) - YUM!!! That was SO GOOD! No other ingredients - healthy and so tasty! So I know your frozen banana peanut butter and chocolate pie will be good too! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely make it for our post race celebration! :D

      Delete