Sunday, February 24, 2013

5.6 Miles/100

I am so happy for myself! Yesterday, I went 2.6 miles in 50 minutes (that is less than 20min/mile). Yes, I know that is crazy slow, but for me and my injury it is awesome! Also, I jogged (at my walking speed) for 7 minutes straight the first time. Then, I took a 10 minute walk, and jogged (at walking speed) for the last half mile!!! Yes, I jogged half a mile without stopping!

You may be thinking, why jog at a walking pace? Well, let me tell you that when you jog you use different muscles than when you walk. Also, jogging gets my heart rate into the fat burning zone and I need to be in that zone. Walking doesn't get me there.

I've done 5.6 of my 100 miles so far. This week I plan on walk/jogging two miles per day M-F, and doing the same 2.6 again on Saturday.

Eventually, my goal is to walk the first half mile, jog for a mile, then walk the last half mile. Eventually. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment