Monday, February 25, 2013

New Beginnings

I don't think Spunky even noticed, but her post yesterday was our 100th Blog Post!!! YAY!!!

On January 21st, 2013 I was challenged, by my mom - a personal trainer - to go off sugar for 30 days. I was allowed to keep fruit and fiber one cereal (which I only had a couple times anyway, I'm not a big fan of cereal). I can honestly say I did not complete the 30 days of no sugar. What I accomplished was much better.

My Mom, and everyone close to me, knows I'm stubborn. Sometimes to stubborn for my own good. Other times, it's a great thing. I do VERY well when challenged. I love proving I can do something when people say I can't. Hence; the reason I played football on an all boys team. No one told me I couldn't do the 30 days. But it was still a challenge. I RISE to challenges and overcome them. I LOVE IT! Hello! My Mom challenged me to a half marathon! Crazy woman... and I did it! AND!!! I'm planning on doing another one! Oi, what did she do to me? (love ya, Mom ;) )

So, I was challenged to 30 days of no sugar. I made it so much more then that. I instantly started eating better. I started working out daily. I eliminated sugar from my diet. I didn't weigh myself once!

Now. Although I can not say I went 30 days without sugar. I can say I rose to my mothers challenge. I explained to her my few little purposeful tests I gave myself and she answered back with enthusiasm  happiness, and excitement. She told me I had accomplished what she wanted me to accomplish during the challenge. I am no longer addicted to sugar! I still enjoy it. Last night for example I shared a package of Reeses Sticks with The Hubs and had a few M&M's. I learned that there is such a thing as too much sugar! Valentines day I made heart shaped cinnamon rolls and after eating only two, I was feeling gross and sick! During Christmas I ate 5 cinnamon rolls easily! And still wanted more! So, no. I didn't accomplish the 30 days of no sugar. I destroyed it!

The 30 days are up and I weighed myself. I was distraught and what the scale said. I hadn't lost anything. I gained. It took me a while to wrap my head around it, but then I measured myself. In 30 days, I lost a total of 9.25 inches all over my body! My waist is now 29.75 inches! I lost an inch off my hips/butt! I may not have lost weight on the scale, but my replaced fat with a lot of muscle. I took progress pictures, but I will not post them. I'm in a sports bra and underwear and that is very personal for me. You will never see me in that so don't ask for it. Only my hubby gets to see that.

The LEAST you will ever see is tank top and shorts. :P So there.

However! Do you all remember this picture?


Well, here is me, on Febuary 22. Three days into my SECOND 30 day challenge.

This was right after my workout. So I'm sweating and not wearing any make up. Deal with it, hah. :D

It's a different angle, the lighting is better, but that muscle in my arm is NICE!!! It's so much easier to see then it was "halfway". My right bicep (which is what you're looking at) was 12.5 inches before the challenge. After the challenge it is now 11.75 inches, WITH definition.

I'm currently done with 4/100 miles that Spunky and I are doing. I was planning on running 1 mile without walking on Saturday but I caught a quick cold and felt awful. I'm good now, so I'll be working out hard again today. Now, 1 mile may not seem like a lot, especially because a few months ago I completed a half marathon and had my LONG training runs... But I was injured during my marathon. My hip has needed time to recover and strengthen. Every time I think about running or step onto my treadmill to run (it's to cold outside to run right now) I get scared. Wondering if that pain is going to creep back in. I said earlier I have plans to run another half marathon and I do. I don't know when though because it all depends on my hip. I'm taking it slow to ensure no more injuries. 

As for my second 30 day Challenge. I'm currently on day 5. My rest days are Sundays and on Saturday I wasn't feeling the greatest, but other then that I have worked out everyday. Which means three days, haha. But I did workout everyday last week. I plan on doing the same. I will be working out everyday. Still focusing on eating better and keeping sugar out of my diet minus treat nights or dates. They are now a rarity. I'll be measuring myself after thirty days, and taking progress pictures appropriate to post on here for you to see on day 15 and day 30.

Oh and... I have a surprise for you tomorrow! 
So check back in and see what it is! Have a great day!

Are you challenging yourself?

Until Next Time!
Spicy









No comments:

Post a Comment