Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"Sweet Surprise Pancakes"

This recipe is from "The Belly Fat Cure" by Jorge Cruise. I won't post many recipes, because I am an honest person and don't want to violate copyright laws. I WILL; however, post my pictures and reviews. In fact, somebody else already posted the basic pancake recipe here: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1254616

I would add a bit more xylitol or Stevia to the batter and want to experiment with other flours.
For the sweet surprise: add 1/4 C. sugar free chocolate chips to the batter.
For the toppings (each makes enough for four servings)
1/4 C. sugar free chocolate chips melted in 1/4 C. whipping cream; drizzle over pancakes.
1/4 C. whipping cream, 1 tsp. xylitol or Stevia; whipped.
Sugar Free Syrup (sweetened with xylitol or Stevia is preferred)

This breakfast has 0 grams of sugar and 2 servings of carbohydrates. It was good. I would give it 3.5/5. I want to try it with a bit more sweetener and possibly a different flour. It certainly curbs the cravings, which is good!

1 comment:

  1. Yes!!!! Thank you for publishing this! I was nearly drooling when you showed me this picture this morning. :D Thanks Spunky!

    ReplyDelete