Monday, December 3, 2012

Building My First Workout

Alright, so the workout I had originally planned to do would have taken about 1 - 1 1/2 hours. I didn't get to do it all because I started workout out later then I had planned. With that said though, it was a fabulous workout. It definitely got my heart rate up and I was huffing and puffing for quite some time.

I started with the TRX. If you don't know what that is, you can learn more HERE. I LOVE this piece of equipment! I have the suspension cables. There is so much you can do with them! I did my research yesterday in trying to find different workouts I could do on it, because as much as I love it, I haven't done a ton on it. I found a workout that was fast paced, but there were something things I didn't want to or couldn't do. So I changed it a little as I went a long.

The original workout, which also looks great, is HERE.

Each exercise I did for 40 seconds with 20 seconds of rest, unless I say otherwise below. The 40 second exercises ended up being about 10 reps each. If you go faster you can do more, but I was still learning the movements and I was huffing and puffing already.

TRX PUSH Combo: push-up, T Fly, superman
Dumbbell rotation lift and lower
TRX PUSH Combo
Dumbbell rotation lift and lower
TRX Sprinter Start (1 minute Right Leg, 20 sec rest)
TRX Biceps Clutch with crossing clutch
TRX T Push-up

TRX Biceps Clutch with crossing clutch
TRX T Push-up
TRX Sprinter Start (1 minute Left Leg, 20 sec rest)
TRX Reverse Lung with Jump Switch
Medicine Ball Walkover

TRX Reverse Lung with Jump Switch
Medicine Ball Walkover (This was SO hard for me, first round was hard, but the second round killed!)
TRX Sprinter Start (1 minute Right Leg, 20 sec rest)
TRX Burpee with Jump
Dive Bomber (take a LOT of muscle, I could barely do them. I welcome the day when I can)

TRX Burpee with Jump
Dive Bomber

Medicine Ball Toe Tap (1 minute, 20 Sec rest)
TRX Grappler Pull/Push combo
Dumbbell Squat Jump

TRX Grappler Pull/Push combo
Dumbbell Squat Jump

TRX Sprinter Start (1 minute Left Leg, 20 sec rest)

I'll try to post a video with me demonstrating these moves. If I do I'll update this post and put it here.

I then went on to do my physical therapy moves for my hip, a yoga sequence--which I didn't get to finish-- and stretching.

All in all a great workout! :D Hard and Challenging.

TRX hanging in the background.
Until Next Time!
Spicy

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE TRX!!! You just have to be SUPER careful about form and only going as far as your body can. You can overdo it real easy!

    That sounds like a crazy workout!

    ReplyDelete