Monday, January 14, 2013

A Little Ranting And A Challenge!

Alright... here it is.

I didn't workout AT ALL last week. Other then cleaning house and watching LW and playing with him... oh and shoveling the snow out of our driveway a couple times, nothing. Which, I hear you, is still activity, but I need to be working out on a daily basis as well. The problem I've run into lately is that LW does not take a nap at the same time anymore, it's whenever he needs it and that nap, or naps depending on the day, can last anywhere between 10 minutes to three hours. So working out while he is asleep is really hard now.

The Hubs and I want to get up early and start working out before he leaves for work, because once he gets home neither of us want to which then we don't. We end up cuddling on the couch or playing card games together instead. Which is wonderful and fantastic, but doesn't help the whole working out thing. He has decided that he really wants to get the definition in his abs back. He still has the amazing arms he had when we first met, but the definition in his abs is gone. :( I'm all for him getting it back, haha. (wink, wink)

Another problem. I am hard to wake up in the morning before 7:30am. For some of you that might still be early. I used to be the sleep until noon or later kind of girl and stay up until 2am or later/earlier. I get it. That changed after getting married. Plus I didn't ever really like missing most of my day when I was the noon or later kind of girl, but I loved staying up late (still do) so that makes it harder. Then after having school every morning at 8am 30 minutes away plus the Saturdays at 6am (no joke, for over a year) I got over that too. Then the baby and anyway, I'm not a nooner kind of gal anymore. But I'm NOT a morning person. I wish I was though.

The alarm goes off and The Hubs wakes up, he then turns off his alarm and decides to wake me up... well upon making that decision he also decides that he just wants to cuddle or hold me for a few more minutes, LOVE, but then he falls asleep... which kind of defeats the purpose. That happened this morning.

You see my problem? The Hubs and I are determined to break this routine this week!

I'll let you know how it goes.

On a happier note, I wore those size ten pants all day on... I don't remember... but it was a day last week. I think Friday? Maybe Thursday. I don't know. It wasn't comfortable, but it wasn't terrible uncomfortable either. Part of the reason I wore them all day long is because my favorite pair of jeans now has a hole in them... right where all my pants get holes... the inner thigh. Talk about a shot to the self esteem, ugh. Anyway, I do have some other pairs that are bigger then a ten, but putting myself into the tens is actually motivating me.

I want to wear them and be comfortable in them, to where a nice fitting shirt with them instead of one that is loose around the middle. And I'm just getting closer everyday.

I have been feeling great the past couple of days though, thinner, healthier. The thing a week off working out really did for me was help me really focus on my eating! I even told the hubs I wanted to be considered a Nutritarian. He looked at me so weird when I said that. But I explained it to him and he got it! He is against extreme diets (so am I) or being Vegetarian (because he is a manly man and wants meat with every meal, haha, good thing he never reads this or I would be in for it, haha). Me? I've actually thought about being Vegetarian before, not that I hate meat, I just don't care for it most of the time and when we do eat it... it's usually chicken or turkey. I never cook beef or pork or fish (ew). The one time I cooked beef was for a party. Haven't ever done it since. I did cook a lot of ground beef when we first got married but then we switched to ground turkey. However, I do like eating chicken and turkey sometimes and I love eggs and cheese and all that yummy good stuff. Just not a ton of it...

Being a Nutritarian is perfect for me! I get to eat fruits and veggies like crazy learning new fun ways to cook them. Beans (I love beans) are awesome and I get them too! Plus, I can still have meats and dairy products and breads if I want! Just not as much which is wonderful. I've been trying hard to eat this way for a couple of weeks now and it's great. :) If you want to know more about what I'm talking about then check out Dr. Fuhrman's book Eat to Live.

Spunky has read it and I'm just waiting to get it. :) I can't wait!

As for my scale. I probably wont be getting one until February  :( I have found the one I want though! I'll let you know when I get it.

If you've read through all that then you're amazing and awesome and I want to give you a hug, if not... whatev's it's just a rant... with some fun info in it. If you're just wanting the challenge though... here it is!

Valentines Challenge!
Today starts 31 Days (counting today and up to the day before V-Day) until Valentines Day! Now, I know some people aren't really big on this holiday, including my hubby :( , but I love it! It's always fun for me to think of great ways I can show the hubs how much I love him all week long. Yup, you heard me. Our Valentines extends the entire week of Valentines.

These next 31 days are going to be full of hard, sweaty, workouts to help me and you burst through a couple pounds and tone up before then! You have ONE MONTH! I will be posting my workouts daily on the Daily Log Page so you can follow along. If you don't know the name of a workout then you can type it into google and I'm sure you will be able to find it. If not, email me! spicyfrost (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll explain it to you.

Rest Days will be Sundays and I'll let you know when you can an Active Rest Day, which means resting but still doing something active during the day like going for a nice walk or dancing or well... something active!

Just follow the workouts I post on the Daily Log, eat healthy, take a before and after picture and we will see some progress!

Until Next Time!
Spicy

No comments:

Post a Comment