Friday, March 29, 2013

2.3 More Miles and Another Book

Just finished walking 2.3 miles. Total: 37.3/100.

I finished reading "Wicked Lovely" yesterday. This was a hard book for me to get in to. I have tried multiple times and I finally gave it my rule. What is my rule? Read the first five chapters before I quit reading (unless it is terrible language/sex/etc.). I read the first five chapters and then was interested to know what happened. So I finished the book in a day. That means it couldn't have been that boring, right?!

No, it wasn't that boring; however, I don't think I'll be reading the rest of the series. Why? It just wasn't THAT great. I've read some pretty great books and this isn't one I think I'll even remember the title in a few months. There was also more language and intimate desires than I prefer.

Rating: 2.5/5 stars
   Characters: The characters are ok. They clearly have something driving each of them which stays constant, but I didn't fall in love with any of them. Towards the end, I did start liking the main character better, because she became a stronger version of herself.
   Language: Two uses of the F-word, a few uses of the B-word, one instance of text speak cussing. Even one f-bomb is too much for me!
   Intimacy: Nothing described in detail, but it is clear that this is the goal of one of the characters, and a few of them have desires that are described. Moments that would have led to intimacy, but get interrupted for one reason or another, are described. A character finds another's piercings and tattoos arousing. Characters are referred to as lovers, consorts, etc.
Violence/Gore: Some. The antagonist murders and hurts characters, with some of it described along with the pain. Descriptions of screaming and agony.
   Suggested reader age: I would say it is not worth your time. I wouldn't want my children reading this, or my teenager. Like I said, even as an adult, this doesn't meet a high standard of morality or values.

No comments:

Post a Comment