Thursday, May 23, 2013

Am I Really Ready For This?

Those of you who have more then one kid, I have the highest respect for you! Even those of you who have ONE kid, I have very high respect for. There are just some days that are so difficult! I love LW with all of my heart, but I think he is entering the "terrible two's" stage. He screams about everything! We are also working on his throwing things... oh ya... that's fun. Oh! And his hitting. 

There are some days when I think having two babies will be fine! No problem! Then there are others when I am utterly terrified. I woke up utterly terrified today.

I am trying to get my life in order.

You see... I stink at time management. I get distracted way to easy. I'm really good at distracting myself until I forget what I was supposed to be doing, then I get mad about an hour or two or three or four later when I realize I still haven't accomplished anything. 

I want a clean and organized house.

I want our painting project in our kitchen and hallway to get done.

I want to be able to spend a brief hour every morning cleaning and then have the rest of the day to do other things.

I want to be able to write my book without feeling guilty that I'm taking a moment for me and my over active imagination instead of working my fingers till they hurt with cleaning.

I want to be able to organize my time enough to still be able to practice my music, to have an orderly and flowing garden, to actually PLAY with LW and not think I should be doing something else (mommy guilt anyone?)

I want to be able to workout in the mornings before LW gets up and go to bed earlier so I can (I'm a night owl... not a morning bird). Struggling through a workout while he is awake is often times a pain.

See?! I know I can do all of these things if I can figure out a way to get my head in the game and my butt moving and just get organized about my time. I've written down hundreds of schedules in the past and they all seem like they should work and then I never do them. Ugh. How do you wonderful woman who I look up to SO much do these things? 

Many of you have more then one child. Many of you do have a clean/organized house, Skinny Meg has awesome paint jobs! I love all the cute organized pantries I see, all the fun craft projects, my mind goes crazy with ideas when I see all this stuff then I realize I have so many other things I have to get under control before I do something fun. I know many of you workout during the day with your little ones all over you too and you don't mind! Maybe I'm just weird when it comes to that? 

All in all, I'm glad I can still find time for some things while I'm working on getting my life in order. I respect all of you who can do what you do and if you have any tips or advice, send `em my way! I will gladly take it!

Do you go crazy about these things sometimes too?
Random rant/tangent done. :)

Until Next Time!
Spicy

No comments:

Post a Comment