Monday, June 18, 2012

Ode to Happiness

My run today was hard. Thinking about it now, it wasn't that hard, but during my run it was. I just couldn't get into it. I felt like my legs were heavy and for once I wasn't excited to do it. I've loved every minute of running since I started this program four weeks ago, it's sad that today I didn't enjoy it. I got home and felt junky. I didn't feel beautiful. I felt fat. I felt ugly. I didn't want to look in the mirror. I didn't want to get dressed. I just wanted to lounge about and mope. Did I? NOPE!

After I ran I felt better. Not one hundred percent, but better. I looked in the mirror and grumbled then thought to myself, "Self, what are you doing?! If you want to be beautiful, if you want to lose weight, you have to believe in yourself!" Instantly, I started thinking about when my Mom was in the middle of her journey. She had these 3x5 cards with sayings on them. Positive sayings. I thought it was ridiculous at the time, but she use to always say, "The mind is a powerful thing. If you start thinking something, good or bad, your mind will find a way to make it happen." And look at her now! She is a tiny, healthy, gorgeous thing that I am jealous of! Lol, not really. I'm so proud of her. :) Although, it is a little embarrassing that my 52year old mom is in better shape then I've ever been in my life. :S 

Anyway! Due to this revelation I started thinking. "I need to have a Mantra. Something I can chant to myself when I'm feeling down. Hmm...." Then it came to me!

"I AM Beautiful, Healthy, Fit, and Thin! I AM 120 lbs!"

I started dancing around while chanting that to myself and I am SO glad no one else saw it. I would have been thoroughly embarrassed. Haha.

I went to do BBL - Sculpt and became instantly depressed. I didn't want to. I turned on Sculpt, starred at my weights and sighed. My happiness that I had just found a few moments ago was gone.

I did not want to do Sculpt. 

So I didn't.

I thought, 
"My happiness is more important then lifting a couple of purple five pound dumbbells for an hour."
And that was that. I turned off Sculpt. Sat on the couch and worked on my book. Such a better way to spend an hour. :)

I've repeated my mantra to myself multiple times today and let me tell you, it's working. It blows those grey storm clouds away in an instant! 

You should try it! 

What's your Motto?

No comments:

Post a Comment