Saturday, June 23, 2012

Spicy Saturday: Hello 150's!!!

This morning I got up, and within twenty minutes I was out the door, breathing in the beautiful morning breeze and completely pumped for my run. If you can't tell I usually run M,W,F, but after talking it over with my Mom (a personal trainer and Marathon Runner) I've decided I'm going to start running four days a week... next week. I'll be running M,W,F,Sa. Anyway! I started my warm up walk of five minutes, said a few greetings to some fellow runners, and started my first run. I felt like I was going for a long time so I looked at my phone and saw I had accidentally clicked Week 5 Day 1! Oops!!! I chuckled to myself and said, "Okay, let's do this!"

Week 5 Day 1 of C25K has me warm up walk for five minutes, run for five minutes, and walk for three. I run three times for five minutes. Awesome. Week 4 had me running for five minutes too. I knew I could do it. And LW was still asleep at home with the Hubs so I was free to stretch my legs and power myself forward with my arms! Our little hill is so much easier to run up when I'm not having to worry about LW's stroller. I finished my first mile in 13;49 mins. Yay! My second mile I completed in 12:53 mins! YAY!

The app I use on my android phone to track my speed and distance is called  . I walk/ran for 35 minutes, with a distance of 2.52 miles, an average speed of 4.3 miles per hour, and an average pace of 13:49 min per mile!!! YAY! I was so excited. My max speed was 5.7 mph.

I am very excited about my running results, but what I'm even more excited about is what I saw on the scale when I got home! Check it out!


Hello 150's!!!! 

That's a 2 lb weight loss from last Saturday!

I called my Sis, Spunky, and she was on the phone with me when I weighed myself. I squealed, she laughed. Then she told me she lost 3.2 lbs! Congrats Spunky! You're awesome! She was shooting for 4 lbs and was a little bummed she didn't make it, but 3.2 lbs is still amazing! She will be in the 100's SO soon and I couldn't be more happy for her! 

While I was making breakfast for the boys, Spunky called me back. She reminded me that she was a little down by what she saw on the scale, but when she put on the pair of shorts she had bought a few days ago... she didn't need to suck in and she was comfortable in them! And she was pretty sure she was going to be wearing them all day! Oh, my, OREOS! I can't tell you how happy I was to hear that. :) 

I finished cooking breakfast and darted down the hall to find a pair of pants I haven't worn in almost four years. The pair of brown pants I married the Hubs in (we eloped, haha). I haven't been able to wear them since and I was so sad when I realized I couldn't. I've been trying to fit into them... and look.


THEY FIT!!!

I nearly started hyperventallating and I walked out to the Hubs with tears in my eyes and just said, "Hunny, look..." I explained what pants they were and that I haven't been able to fit in them since we got married and now I could. He looked at me with a weird look on his face and said, "Then why are you crying?"

Oh silly boys.

He smiled after I explained and came over to me and gave me a huge hug. 

They are a little tight, I'm not quite comfortable in them, but it is SO close! I didn't need to suck in to get them on, just pull a little. 

I'm so excited to see what this week brings! 

Now, time to celebrate the 150's!

See ya! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment