Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What a Yucky Feeling...

Oh man... what did I do? 

Last night, I surprised the Hubs with a Date Night, in home, on the couch, watching a movie, with LOTS of treats... I'm been "off sugar" since mid May. We both decided I could have a night off. Boy did I learn my lesson. We had Arby'Q's for dinner (I only had one) and curly fries. Side Note: I'm ticked at Arbys! They totally gyp us on the curly fries every time! Not cool! Our date night also had a theme! All american! I bought sour gummy red, white, and blue stars, white chocolate covered pretzels that had red and blue chocolate drizzled over them. A mini trifle for each of us, complete with star cut outs of Sara Lee's Pound Cake, cut up strawberries and blackberries (we pretended they were blue) and light whipped topping. AND! A cool layered drink of Sobe, Gatorade, and Gatorade 2. (No alcohol, we don't drink, but I'm sure if you do you could add it.) Sorry, I don't have any pictures... I'm bummed about that too.

In retrospect, I really didn't have to much of this stuff. I had my trifle. About three sour gummy stars (I had to suck on them because of my braces), and a few chocolate covered pretzels. Oh and our layered drinks. However... I've been eating really healthy... and I didn't realize how much my body had changed. Ugh...

I used to be able to eat all of that and LOTS more in one sitting and not feel the after effects the next day. Today I didn't go running because my stomach was in knots and oh so very upset. I was running to the restroom every ten minutes (really more, but that's what it felt like) and I wished I could have just stayed on the toilet all day.   (TMI?) Blarg. Needless to say, I definitely learned my lesson. The only exercise I've had today is cleaning, and that was hard enough with the urge to go constantly.

If I could stick a note on myself to remember NEVER to do that again. I would. But I know it would fall off and I'll forget anyway. So, not to self: (on a blog) Don't do that again! 

On a happy note, that means that overall I've been eating healthier and my body has changed. It's no longer used to all the sugar. Awesome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment